This course is aimed at personnel who are supervising the Transport of Radioactive Material, on behalf of their organisation.
This course provides course participants with the skill and knowledge requirements for transport & logistics involved in radioactive material handling such as:
- Load Management
- Storage & Source Security
- Legislative Compliance
- Respond to Emergencies
About this course
It is a legislated requirement that the Transport of Radioactive Material is performed under the supervision of a competent and licensed person. this course is aligned with the ARPANSA Code of Practice and Safety Guide for the Safe Transport of Radioactive Material.
A moderate level of mathematical understanding is required to successfully complete this course.
- An Introduction to Radiation
- Radiation in Perspective
- Radiation Dose, Measurement and Protection Principles
- Regulatory Considerations
- Handling, Transport & Storage
- Transport of Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM)
- Procedures: Radiation Management Systems; Security; Emergency Response
There are multiple practical exercises and activities throughout the course and theoretical understanding is assessed by written assessment.
A Statement of Attainment is issued upon successful completion of this course. This course is recognised as a prerequisite for licensing in all Australian States & Territories.
- Location: West Leederville, WA
- Duration: 1 day
- Times: 08:30 to 17:00 (approx.)
- Cost*: $850 pp (min 3 people) ex GST
*ex. GST and merchant fees additional