This course is aimed at personnel who are supervising the use of Fixed Radiation Gauges, on behalf of their organisation.
This course provides course participants with the skill and knowledge requirements for the radiation management of fixed radiation gauges including aspects such as: import; installation; auditing and compliance; radiation monitoring; wipe (contamination) testing; transport and storage; emergency response and disposal.
About this course
It is a requirement under the Radiation Safety Act 1975 that the use of Fixed Radiation Gauges is performed under the supervision of a competent and licensed person. This course is aligned with the ARPANSA Code of Practice for the Safe Use of Fixed Radiation Gauges. A moderate level of mathematical understanding is required to successfully complete this course.
- An Introduction to Radiation
- Radiation in Perspective
- Radiation Dose, Measurement & Protection Principles
- Regulatory Considerations
- Safe Operation of Fixed Radiation Gauges
- Transport of Fixed Radiation Gauges
- Procedures: Radiation Management Systems; Security; Emergency Response
There are multiple practical exercises and activities throughout the course and theoretical understanding is assessed against Radiological Council requirements.
A Statement of Attainment is issued upon successful completion of this course.
This course is recognised as a prerequisite for licensing in all Australian States & Territories.
- Location: West Leederville, WA
- Duration: 3 days
- Times: 08:00 to 16:30 (approx.)
- Cost*: $1900 pp (min 3 people) ex GST
*ex. GST and merchant fees additional