This course is aimed at personnel who are supervising the use of Portable Density / Moisture Gauges, on behalf of their organisation. This course provides course participants with the skill and knowledge requirements for the radiation management of portable density/moisture gauges including aspects such as: safe operation; auditing and compliance; radiation monitoring; wipe (contamination) testing; transport and storage; emergency response and disposal.
About this course
It is a requirement under the Radiation Safety Act 1975 that the use of Portable Density/Moisture Gauges is performed only by competent and licensed persons. This course is aligned with the ARPANSA Code of Practice for Portable Density/Moisture Gauges Containing Radioactive Sources (2004).
A moderate level of mathematical understanding is required to successfully complete this course.
- An Introduction to Radiation
- Radiation in Perspective
- Radiation Dose, Measurement & Protection Principles
- Regulatory Considerations
- Portable Density / Moisture Gauges
- Transport of Portable Density / Moisture Gauges
- Procedures: Radiation Management Systems; Security; Emergency Response
There are multiple practical exercises and activities throughout the course and theoretical understanding is assessed against Radiological Council requirements.
A Statement of Attainment is issued upon successful completion of this course.
This course is recognised as a pre-requisite for licensing in all Australian States & Territories.
- Location: West Leederville, WA
- Duration: 3 days
- Times: 08:30 to 17:00 (approx.)
- Cost*: $1900 pp (min 3 people) ex GST
*ex. GST and merchant fees additional