NORM – Technician Course (18-20 May)
May 18 - May 20| $1900
This course is aimed at personnel who are working with NORM (Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material) in their workplace and are seeking a pathway to becoming a Radiation Safety Officer (RSO). With a focus on the following:
- NORM underpinning knowledge
- NORM assessment – radiation exposure and contamination of equipment
- Protection principles, hygiene and PPE requirements
- Regulatory framework and responsibilities
- Working in accordance with your Radiation Management Plan (RMP)
- An Introduction to Radiation
- Radiation in Perspective
- Radiation Dose, Measurement and Protection Principles
- NORM Assessment & Measurement
- Handling, Storage & Transport of NORM
- Regulatory Considerations
- Radiation Management Procedures
- NORM Incident Response
About this course
It is a requirement under the Radiation Safety Act 1975 that NORM is managed under the supervision of a competent and licensed person. Licensing for NORM requires a degree of mentoring and experience prior to working autonomously.
This course provides the participant with the skill and knowledge requirements to work safely with NORM under the guidance of a NORM RSO and existing radiation management plan.
There are multiple practical exercises and activities throughout the course and theoretical understanding is assessed against regulatory requirements.
A Statement of Attainment is issued upon successful completion of this course.
- Location: Osborne Park
- Duration: 3 full days
- Times: 08:30 to 17:00 (approx.)
- Cost*: $1900 pp (min 3 people)
*ex. GST and merchant fees additional